Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Thursday, December 17th, 2020 8:00 AM
· Snow accumulations currently total 12-14” across Dutchess County, with the National Weather Service reporting an additional 2-4” expected before the storm ends.
· Road conditions are difficult throughout Dutchess County. Highway crews made multiple rounds plowing and applying materials throughout the night and continue this morning, but rate of snowfall has been difficult for crews to keep up. It is expected it will be several hours after the conclusion of the storm before roadways are fully addressed as the low temperatures and blowing winds will continue to move snow around.
· Dutchess County 911 Center call volume low overnight
· Minimal issues reported by local utilities throughout the night. Central Hudson currently reporting outages in LaGrange.
· Dutchess County Public Transit service is suspended for the day – Thursday, December 17th. Service will resume on Friday, December 18th. Service updates and status are available at www.dutchessny.gov/publictransit, on the DCPT mobile app, or call 845.473.8424, TDD/TTY: 711.
· Due to difficult road conditions in and around the City of Poughkeepsie, and in consultation with City of Poughkeepsie officials, Dutchess County Government offices will be closed today, Thursday, December 17th.
Individuals who have DMV appointments in Poughkeepsie and Wappinger today will be rescheduled for the same appointment time on Friday, December 18th