Update for Wednesday, April 8, 2020:
- The New York State Department of Labor has created a web page to explain how the new federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program works with the New York State unemployment process. To view the site, click HERE.
- The DBNN has re-released our survey that asks organizations what their needs are, and the impacts of COVID-19 on their operations. If you have taken this survey before, please take it again so we can track any changes the past few weeks have had on the Hudson Valley. This information will not be released to the public, and will only be used to help elected officials and government agencies craft legislation or policies to address the needs identified. Please take a couple minutes to fill out the survey HERE.
- A copy of the new Executive Order Governor Cuomo signed can be found HERE. This order extends school closures through April 29, and requires any PPE “that is held in inventory by any entity in the state” report it to the state’s Department of Health.
- New guidance by the state’s parks system has been put out to help ensure everyone remains safe as there has been an increase in park usage throughout this quarantine. You can find that guidance HERE.
- In addition to the recently implemented emergency paid sick leave to provide income protection for employees impacted by the coronavirus, there will be a new permanent paid sick leave mandate that was included in the state’s budget. Provisions in this paid sick leave go into effect 180 days after being signed into law. For more details, click HERE.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this notification or any other business related concerns and suggestions, please email Contact@DutchessBNN.com. Please do NOT contact elected officials regarding information in this email as they are currently inundated with handling the government response to this crisis. This network was created to help coordinate responses and share the burden, and we ask that you please contact us with any questions or concerns so our elected officials can focus on their task at hand. Thank you for your continued support through this time.
If you were forwarded this email, but would like to be added to the email list, please let us know by emailing contact@DutchessBNN.com