Update for Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- New York State is hiring Contact Tracers, Contact Tracer Supervisors, and Community Support Specialists in preparation of reopening the region. If you, or someone you know, is looking for employment, consider applying for these vital positions HERE.
- A copy of “NY Forward: A Guide To Reopening New York & Building Back Together” can be found HERE, with additional resources found HERE.
- In today’s (Tuesday) press conference Governor Andrew Cuomo said the state needed $61 billion in federal aid or the state would cut school, local government, and hospital aid by 20%.
- Governor Cuomo also called for the federal government to provide assistance to landlords and renters to ensure there is not an influx of foreclosures or evictions when his Executive Order expires.
- County health departments will be in charge of determining if businesses are complying with social distancing directives when they reopen. The counties will also be in charge of penalizing businesses for not complying with safety measures, or if businesses open in defiance of the NY PAUSE measures.
- Governor Cuomo said the initial 14-day minimum gap between entering phases is preliminary and may be adjusted. That number was chosen because that is the timeline it takes for a possible outbreak to be determined. He said that if testing shows that there is not a rise in positive cases after areas begin to reopen, it is possible he will shorten the window of how long a region must wait.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this notification or any other business related concerns and suggestions, please email Contact@DutchessBNN.com. Please do NOT contact elected officials regarding information in this email as they are currently inundated with handling the government response to this crisis. This network was created to help coordinate responses and share the burden, and we ask that you please contact us with any questions or concerns so our elected officials can focus on their task at hand. Thank you for your continued support through this time.