Update for Friday, May 8, 2020
- Dutchess County Executive Marcus Molinaro announced today the creation of two programs to help small local businesses left behind in the wake by the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) “flawed” roll-out of the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program and the Payroll Protection Program (PPP).
- At its next board meeting, the Dutchess County Local Development Corporation (LDC) is expected to vote on establishing a COVID-19 small business express loan program in partnership Community Capital New York (CCNY) that will help the smallest affected businesses in Dutchess County that have been unable to secure SBA assistance. The zero interest loan program is intended exclusively for small independent businesses located in Dutchess County that have not been able to secure SBA, PPP, or EIDL or any other COVID related aid and comes with an optional deferred payment plan and loan amounts up to $10,000.
- The Dutchess County Industrial Development Agency (IDA) will vote to establish a no-fee, fast tracked, COVID-19 Sales and Use Tax Relief Program to help local manufacturers expand capacity and produce much needed personal protection equipment in Dutchess County. The Dutchess County IDA and LDC will meet on Wednesday, May 13 at 8:00 a.m. to consider resolutions on both programs. As more details are announced, they will be announced in this email.
- Complimentary reusable cloth face coverings are once again being made available to essential businesses and nonprofit organizations located in Dutchess County. They will be available for pickup on May 15. Registration is required by May 14, and can be done so by clicking HERE.
- Visit HEREfor updates on Governor Andrew Cuomo’s plan to reopen businesses and nonprofits in New York.
- Empire State Development released guidance that allows golfers with disabilities or those who own a personal cart to ride and play. The ESD spokeswoman emphasized that maintenance workers and security are the only employees allowed to be at the course. For that reason, golfers who want to ride but do not fall into one of the two aforementioned categories may not rent a cart at this time.
- In today’s (Friday) press conference at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, Governor Cuomo said he does not expect to see any deviations from his reopening plan. He indicated that he will not allow additional industries to reopen in earlier phases than already detailed, and the plan that is laid out in New York Forward was final.
- The Executive Order extending the eviction and foreclosure ban, along with closing schools for the remainder of the school year, has been released. A copy of the order can be found HERE.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this notification or any other business related concerns and suggestions, please email Contact@DutchessBNN.com. Please do NOT contact elected officials regarding information in this email as they are currently inundated with handling the government response to this crisis. This network was created to help coordinate responses and share the burden, and we ask that you please contact us with any questions or concerns so our elected officials can focus on their task at hand. Thank you for your continued support through this time.