We have the glorious summer weekends waiting for you!
There are so many ways to have a fabulous weekend at Opus 40 this year!
* Perambulate around our remarkable sculpture park, centered on the recently restored masterpiece 6.5 acre bluestone sculpture created by Harvey Fite;
* Walk our newly restored trails alongside quarry pools and forest greenery;
* Sign up for a guided tour with one of our expert guides;
* Have a meadow picnic on a warm summer afternoon;
* Check out original art in our gallery and on our trails; and/or
* Sign up for a yoga or qigong class or one of our nature walks.
And if you want live performance…well, we have that covered too. Whatever you love to do, we have something remarkable happening for you!
Plan A Visit
Become a Member this Year!
The generous support of our contributors has allowed Opus 40 to do remarkable things in recent years — from restoring our masterwork sculpture, to acquiring Fite House, to caretaking our 63 acres of trails, forest and gorgeous hiking trails.
With your support, we will continue to shine for our communities, offering everyone a spectacular cultural and natural resource.
Our Members and supporters have free entry for visits and discounts to our events all year long! Join before July 4 and a micro-batch popsicle or glass of crisp wine awaits you on your next visit.
Become a Member of Opus 40
This Summer’s Best Events
“As spring slips into summer, spectacular sounds can be sought out at several sensational seasonal showcases specially suited to spoil your senses both scenically and sonically. Opus 40 is one such venue, with a magnificent 6.5-acre in-earth bluestone sculpture and sweeping views of the Catskill Mountains” — Nippertown, June 2023
Check out upcoming performance and events at one of the region’s most gorgeous sites! A few highlights are:
* Into the Light: Set an Intention for Summer 2023 with solstice rituals, meditation, music, poetry & star-gazing on the meadow;
* Live performance including Dahlia Dumont and The Blue Dahlia, Jazz In The Valley with TransArt, Clare & the Reasons with an Après Bastille Day Celebration, and so so so SO much more;
* Fabulous art openings for work from the amazing Dana Matthews on our trails and Sita Gomez in our gallery; *Community Thursdays are sliding scale, come-one-come-all happenings with Mushroom Cocktail Walks, Story Slams and more; and
* All kinds of amazing nature walks on our trails!
At all events you can count on delic. local food vendors and Stockade Tavern’s Vintage Barcart.
2023 Season Events
This year we are have added both depth and breadth to our performance season! Nowhere is this more clear than in an all-new series of mini-festivals. Join us for immersive celebrations, spread over one extra-long day or several days. Our mini-fests include extraordinary performances, workshops, outdoor picnics, and activities!
July 22nd: Euphonia! leads the way! Euphonia is an all-new, all-ages mini-festival of brass band beauty that aims to delight the senses through multi-sensory experiential art, highly danceable brass music, art workshops, and more! Featuring the fiery Balkan brass and funk grooves of NYC based Slavic Soul Party, children’s street parade band Bloco from da Block, multi-dimensional community ensemble the Honk Family Band and POOK (Percussion Orchestra of Kingston), as well as art, food and beverage vendors. Kids and adults alike will delight in Euphonia!
Later this summer, we will offer a Family Cirkus Weekend (August 24—26) with circus art in the gallery, circus skills workshops, and two evenings of live circus, including a spectacular illuminated evening performance. Then Rock, Paper Scissors (September 1—2) will bring some of the area’s most acclaimed puppeteers plus special guests Agua Sol Y Sereno from Puerto Rico to Opus 40 for two days of creation and performance.
Festival! Fiesta! Fete! Join us for three ultra-immersive experiences.
Get Tickets for Euphonia
July 4th Picnic at Opus 40
This July 4, we are offering a few people the opportunity to have a small picnic at Opus 40 and enjoy our space without the crowds. With the site largely free, you will be able to picnic and watch the sun set in all its summer glory, without distraction.
We provide tables, (non-alcoholic) drinks, snacks, desert and the most gorgeous spot in the area for a unique private visit. You bring the picnic!
Get Picnic Tickets
|Opus 40, Inc | 356 George Sickle Road, Saugerties, NY 12477|