- COVID Counts: In the county, there are 2,075 active coronavirus cases – 129 are in Beacon. Our counts are rising, but slowly. Keep up the social distancing – it works.
- Next Phase: The State is working on plans to gradually open up in the next weeks. Dutchess, Orange and Ulster counties are working together – we will come back online sooner than Westchester and New York City, but slower than places upstate. I will keep you posted, but it will be gradual, and we will need to be flexible.
- Schools: The Governor has closed schools for the rest of the school year.
- Pharmacy Testing: The Governor has authorized licensed pharmacists to order COVID-19 tests, so that will be a local option.
- Nursing Homes: The County will test all county nursing home residents, to better protect some of our more vulnerable neighbors.
- Elections: The State Board of Elections has canceled the presidential primary. There are some minor party primaries in Beacon on June 23rd; anyone involved will be mailed an absentee ballot application.
- Weekend: The weekend is upon us. Remember: “In public, if there’s not social distancing, you must wear a face covering.” Most open businesses have asked that customers wear a face covering, so please be cooperative and respectful.
- Census: Don’t forget the census.
Beacon has really pulled together. Thank you all for doing your part.