|This is Mayor Lee Kyriacou with some Beacon updates. |
1. COVID Counts: In the county, there are just under 2,200 active coronavirus cases – 135 of those are in Beacon. Our counts are up modestly, partially offset by increasing numbers that have recovered. I know it’s been so hard on so many in Beacon, but please, keep up the social distancing.
2. Next Phase: There isn’t much new to report on the next phase, other than what you hear in the Governor’s daily briefings and much planning among Mid-Hudson counties. I’ll have more to share next week.
3. Pharmacy Testing: As I mentioned last week, licensed pharmacists can now order COVID-19 tests – even without a doctor’s order.
4. Elections: A court ruling just reinstated the presidential primary on June 23rd, so the Board of Elections has to sort that one out. I’ll share more when details firm up.
5. Weekend: The weekend begins, even if the weather’s not very inviting. Remember: “In public, if you can’t maintain social distancing, you must wear a face covering.” That doesn’t mean everyone outside must have a covering, but in tight spaces you must use a face covering. Please be reasonable, cooperative and respectful.
6. Wedding: I performed a wedding today at city hall – a small gathering with proper safeguards. It was optimistic and heartwarming – and a reminder that we will get past this difficult time. Keep working together Beacon.
Thank you all for doing your part.
MESSAGE FROM MAYOR LEE KYRIACOU OF BEACON, NY
May 11, 2020