- Dutchess Website: At www.dutchessny.gov, the county posts COVID-19 counts by community. Beacon has 44 positive tests of COVID-19 out of a county total of 550.
- Water Bills: Pay your bill by mail, drop box in front of City Hall, M&T Bank’s drive-up window, or the city’s website. For everyone’s safety, please pay your bill remotely by one of these methods.
- Census: Don’t forget the census.
- Unemployment Insurance: The state’s unemployment office is inundated – keep trying. All benefits will be paid retroactively from the last day of employment.
- Small Business Help: The most
comprehensive and intelligible resource to help you navigate applying for
relief is at www.dutchessbnn.com.
Sign up for daily emails; they have more and clearer information each day.
The Federal CARES Act has small business funding – including immediate emergency loans up to $10,000, which are forgivable if used for payroll or other specific expenses. Applications are through local lending institutions – there’s a list on dutchessbnn.com, and more details at benefits.gov.
Thank you. Be safe; be well; be generous.