Update for Friday, April 24, 2020:
- To re-watch today’s Virtual Town Hall with our state elected officials from the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, click HERE.
- An Interim Final Rule was released by the SBA in regards to promissory notes, authorizations, affiliations, and eligibility for the Paycheck Protection Program. It can be found HERE.
- In today’s (Friday) press conference, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced the state will miss its revenue projection by $13.3 billion because of COVID-19. Over a four year period, the state’s revenues are expected to decline $61 billion.
- Governor Cuomo reiterated that he does not want to declare bankruptcy. To allow states to declare bankruptcy, the federal government would need to pass a law.
- Governor Cuomo also announced he would require each Board of Election to mail an absentee ballot application to every voter. This follows his Executive Order that allows anyone to vote absentee because of the possibility of getting infected while voting in person.
- Governor Cuomo said the state was looking at a possible “rent freeze” after his Executive Order on evictions and foreclosures is done. He also said a decision on extending NY PAUSE beyond May 15th would be made next week.
- The CDC has released guidance on both how to create and properly wear a cloth mask. It includes instruction on how to make a sewn and no-sew mask. It can be found HERE.
- The The U.S. Census Bureau has released a data hub online for COVID-19, similar to the data hubs usually released after natural disasters. This resource page includes information on population demographics, economic indicators and businesses. It can be found HERE.
- Today is #FarmStandFriday, so if you are craving farm-fresh foods produced right here in the heart of the Hudson Valley, remember to support one of Dutchess County’s family-run farms. You can find a list of farms offering curbside pick-up and home delivery HERE.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this notification or any other business related concerns and suggestions, please email Contact@DutchessBNN.com. Please do NOT contact elected officials regarding information in this email as they are currently inundated with handling the government response to this crisis. This network was created to help coordinate responses and share the burden, and we ask that you please contact us with any questions or concerns so our elected officials can focus on their task at hand. Thank you for your continued support through this time.
If you were forwarded this email, but would like to be added to the email list, please let us know by emailing contact@DutchessBNN.com