Update for Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- Horse and car racing tracks will be allowed to reopen without fans beginning June 1. The state will give additional guidance in the coming week.
- Additionally, Governor Cuomo supports reopening major league sports, but without fans. He has not yet commented on the status of minor league sports, including the Hudson Valley Renegades.
- The New York State Senate will reconvene for session starting next Tuesday. They will be focusing on COVID-19 related issues, including housing regulations, but have not released an agenda yet. Any legislation impacting the business community will be shared as it is made available.
- An updated FAQ document concerning the reopening of industries through NY FORWARD has been released by the state. It can be found HERE.
- In today’s (Tuesday) press conference Governor Andrew Cuomo said the state would begin a pilot program to allow visitations to hospitals. No hospital in Dutchess County is included in this pilot but if it is successful, the pilot program will be expanded throughout the state.
- The governor said once the downstate regions begin to reopen, the MTA will have policies in place to have the capacity to provide safe commuting services.
- Sector specific reopening requirements have been posted by the state, including:
- Be in a designated industry and approved region.
- Adopt a written reopening plan consistent with state guidance and standards – including applicable Executive Orders. Written plans must be maintained and posted on site, but do not need to be submitted to the state.
- Fully implement its reopening plan, including required employee outreach and training.
- Affirm to the state that the employer has read and understands its obligation to operate in accordance with state guidance.
- Stay current. Consult the NY Forward website on a periodic basis or whenever notified of the availability of new guidance.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this notification or any other business related concerns and suggestions, please email Contact@DutchessBNN.com. Please do NOT contact elected officials regarding information in this email as they are currently inundated with handling the government response to this crisis. This network was created to help coordinate responses and share the burden, and we ask that you please contact us with any questions or concerns so our elected officials can focus on their task at hand. Thank you for your continued support through this time.