Below are updates and resources for businesses, employers, and employees. Please feel free to forward this email to anyone you believe would benefit from this information.
Update for Thursday, May 21, 2020
- Governor Cuomo has announced the state would extend the sales tax filing deadline to June 22.
- Reminder: In April, the Governor created a State Enforcement Task Force where individuals can file complaints online, or by telephone 24/7. Complaints will be reviewed by the State Task Force and if appropriate will then be referred to local authorities. The guidance states: “Authorities should use the least invasive enforcement approach necessary to achieve compliance.” To view the guidance, click HERE.
- It is important to note that the penalties could include revoking any State license or certification, and/or up to a year imprisonment.
- The CDC has released additional guidance broken out by industry and community style. The guidance can be found HERE.
- The U.S. Department of Labor has released revised enforcement policies that require businesses to keep records of any employee who tests positive for COVID-19 and is work related. The full guidance can be found HERE.
- In today’s (Thursday) press conference Governor Andrew Cuomo said the contact tracing program will call individuals or businesses who may have come into contact with an individual who tested positive. The caller ID will be listed as “NYS Contact Tracing” and should be answered immediately.
- Governor Cuomo announced summer school would be remote learning this year, and reiterated it was too early to determine if schools can reopen in the fall. He said the state would put out guidance in the beginning of June on precautions schools must take, and the schools would then need to submit a safety plan to the state by July on how they would reopen.
- Additionally, Governor Cuomo said until they have more information on the pediatric inflammatory syndrome he would not recommend sending children to summer camps.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this notification or any other business related concerns and suggestions, please email Contact@DutchessBNN.com. Please do NOT contact elected officials regarding information in this email as they are currently inundated with handling the government response to this crisis. This network was created to help coordinate responses and share the burden, and we ask that you please contact us with any questions or concerns so our elected officials can focus on their task at hand. Thank you for your continued support through this time.
If you were forwarded this email, but would like to be added to the email list, please let us know by emailing contact@DutchessBNN.comPOWERED BY