Update for Monday, May 11, 2020
- Visit HERE for updates on Governor Andrew Cuomo’s plan to reopen businesses and nonprofits in New York. An updated guidance has been released by Empire State Development on essential businesses that can be found HERE.
- A regional monitoring dashboard has been released by the state. This shows the metrics each region must meet in order to reopen, and is updated daily. The dashboard can be found HERE. A copy of “NY Forward: A Guide To Reopening New York & Building Back Together” can be found HERE, with additional resources found HERE.
- In today’s (Monday) press conference Governor Andrew Cuomo said the Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, and Mohawk Valley regions have reached the threshold to begin Phase 1 of reopening.
- Drive-in movie theaters, landscaping, and gardening will be allowed to reopen statewide beginning May 15, but must still maintain social distancing and protective measures during business operations.
- Each region will have a “Regional Control Room” to monitor the 7 metrics in the region and provide guidance and accountability to reopening measures. Members of each region’s Control Room will include both private and public officials in the region. They will also be in charge of determining which businesses will reopen and the requirements those businesses must meet to reopen and stay open.
- Regional Control Rooms will also determine when they are ready and able to begin Phase 2 of reopening, as long as they are monitoring and under the 7 metrics in the state’s guidelines.
- The regional groups will also be in charge of determining a how childcare will be provided to the workers who are allowed to return to work.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this notification or any other business related concerns and suggestions, please email Contact@DutchessBNN.com. Please do NOT contact elected officials regarding information in this email as they are currently inundated with handling the government response to this crisis. This network was created to help coordinate responses and share the burden, and we ask that you please contact us with any questions or concerns so our elected officials can focus on their task at hand. Thank you for your continued support through this time.
If you were forwarded this email, but would like to be added to the email list, please let us know by emailing contact@DutchessBNN.com