Update for Tuesday, April 21, 2020:
- To view today’s Virtual Town Hall with Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney and Congressman Antonio Delgado, click HERE.
- In today’s (Tuesday) press conference, Governor Cuomo announced some parts of the state would be allowed to begin offering elective surgeries again. He did specifically listed Dutchess County as one of the counties that cannot begin elective surgeries.
- He also reiterated that he would look at reopening the state on a regional basis. The areas would be reopened based on what the spread, hospitalization, and containment efforts are for the region, along with the testing capacity of the region to test and trace positive cases.
- Governor Cuomo will go to Washington, D.C. today to speak with President Trump on how to implement testing and how the federal and state governments will work together going forward.
- The State Comptroller’s office has released a “COVID-19 Financial Survival Toolkit for New Yorkers.” It can be found HERE.
- A FAQ document was released by Empire State Development regarding how Code Enforcement Officers should handle all of the changes coming down from Albany. That FAQ document can be found HERE.
- The Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce is encouraging individuals to post updates about their business, regardless if the business is a member of not, onto the Member News portion of their website. If you are a member of the Chamber and want to post, click HERE. If you are not a member and want to post, click HERE.
- Dutchess Tourism has put together a video to highlight the resiliency of our community, and to promote the new #WeWillFlyAgain campaign. You can view their video and find useful resources HERE.
- Remember today is #TakeoutTuesday, so be sure to support your local restaurants by ordering a to-go or delivery meal to ensure our local restaurants can remain open! You can find a list of restaurants open for pickup or delivery HERE.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this notification or any other business related concerns and suggestions, please email Contact@DutchessBNN.com. Please do NOT contact elected officials regarding information in this email as they are currently inundated with handling the government response to this crisis. This network was created to help coordinate responses and share the burden, and we ask that you please contact us with any questions or concerns so our elected officials can focus on their task at hand. Thank you for your continued support through this time.