This is Mayor Lee Kyriacou with some Beacon updates.
- COVID Counts: In Dutchess, there are over 1,700 active coronavirus cases – 98 are in Beacon. So, our counts are still rising but slowing down – that means we too are flattening our curve. In Beacon, we see overwhelming compliance. That’s great; keep it up – we’re all doing our part.
- Face Covering: There’s a lot of confusion about face coverings – let me explain what’s required and what’s not. Starting Friday evening, the Governor has ordered: “In public, if there’s not social distancing, you must wear a face covering.” This means:
- Social Distancing is required; if that’s not happening, then a face covering is required.
- If you’re outside alone (or only with a household member) è you don’t need a mask.
- If you’re in a tight public space è you must wear face covering.
- If you’re at the store and there’s social distancing or a plexiglass barrier è you can wear face covering but it is not required.
- If you’re at home è nothing is required – other than common sense.
- Please, be respectful and reasonable in your interactions with others.
- Census: I’m seeing TV ad reminders on the census. So much locally depends on getting everyone counted. Do it – www.2020census.gov.
Thank you. Stay well.